BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
When done regularly, meditation offers the following benefits:
- Improves Your Ability To Cope With Pain & Difficulties
- Gives More Insight Into Your Emotions
- Helps With Stress & Addictive Behaviours
- Helps With Confidence & Self-esteem
- Helps With Insomnia
- Boosts Attention & Concentration
- Increases Your Energy & Enthusiasm For Life
Studies have shown that mindfulness can not only help with anxiety and depression, but positively affect brain patterns so that you can deal with any future issues in a more constructive way.
FIRST STEPS IN MINDFULNESS MEDITATION
- Find a place that is quiet and where you will not be disturbed by others or the phone.
- Sit on the floor, or on a chair, with your back straight. Set a timer to 10 minutes.
- Gently close your eyes.
- Remain without moving till the timer rings.
- Do nothing whatsoever! There are no tasks!
So, do not attempt to: “Calm the mind”, “Try to relax” “Keep attention on the breathing”, “Repeat a sound or Mantra”, “Remain focussed”, etc.
You cannot fail at meditation; as a well-known meditation teacher said: “Meditation is the Practice of Doing Nothing”.